Saturday, December 15, 2012

The little things


It's the seemingly "little things" that so often we take for granted...

like walking through your neighborhood with your children...


enjoying the beautiful weather together...

 
watching your children enjoy an ice cream treat while watching cartoons...
 
These seemingly "little things" are so often taken for granted by us all.  Yet, I couldn't help but think today of the 20 families in Newton, Connecticut whose children were violently and swiftly taken from their lives.  I imagine that those mourning parents and families would give just about anything for one more day of "little things" with their precious angels.  There were times during this day that I began to feel guilty...because my children are safe and sound.  I tried to focus on the BLESSING that they are in my life, and made every effort to stay emotionally present...which is not always an easy thing to do as a parent these days with the hustle and bustle of life.  But it's these seemingly little things that mean the most...
These things, like:
~My "good morning hug" I receive from Noah each day...
~Those first quiet moments in the morning when I'm rocking Jackson and he's all snuggled in blankets...
~The early morning gathering of all my boys snuggled in Mommy & Daddy's bed...
~Watching my boys go round and round their train table without a care in the world...
~Hearing my precious Jackson say, "Wuh You," (Love you)
~Noah calling to me, "Come sit right here by me, Mama.  I'm cozy.  I'll make you cozy."
~Watching my husband read a book to Jackson...
~The way Jackson crinkles his nose (like his Mama) when he's really happy...
~The smiles, giggles, and joy that can only come from the innocence of my children...
~Good night hugs and kisses from my boys...
~Singing lullabies to Noah as he falls gently asleep...
~Knowing my children are safe and snug in their beds...
 
...These are JUST A FEW of the LITTLE THINGS in this day that MEAN SO MUCH. 
Let us take the time to stay present...and have gratitude for these little things that, as a matter of fact...are NOT SO LITTLE at ALL! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment