Sunday, December 16, 2012

A good day

Today, Noah and I traveled to Athens for church at St. John.  On the drive in, I was in awe of the beauty of the clouds that streamed across the sky.  They were like nothing I've ever seen. All I had was my iPhone, but the beauty still shows through.  We practiced for the upcoming children's program. Noah is going to be a donkey. Love it.  Church was good.  Real good. There's something so comforting about hearing my father speak the words of the Heavenly Father...particularly after a week of grief and heartbreak.  As always, he was not only comforting, but conveyed a message of hope.  Just what I needed.  The boys and I later went for a walk and visited with my new friend, John Hardy, who happened to be working when we walked by.  It was such a treat to visit with our new friend; although Jackson screamed his head off when I attempted to bring him in John's office to show him the cool fish. No worries. It is what it is.  We played outside and just took the day as it came.  This evening, while practicing our songs for the Christmas program, Noah and I were singing "Away in a Manger," and I asked him if he understood what the song meant.  When I told him that Baby Jesus didn't have a crib to sleep in, he exclaimed, "Mommy!   That is SERIOUS!"  He is pure joy, that kid. 
During church today, I particularly noticed (I'm sure it was consciously chosen by Dad) the words to a hymn we sang:
"Jesus comes in joy and sorrow; shares alike our hopes and fears.
Jesus comes, what - 'er befalls us; cheers our hearts and dries our tears."
Comforting words.  Good pick, Dad.










No comments:

Post a Comment