Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas with The Carliles, Grammie, & McBrides








CHRISTMAS 2012 with the Carliles, Grammie, & Paw Paw
Christmas is SO much more wonderful when spent with family.  Sometimes, the sad truth, is that divorce can cause a big family split...particularly on the kids...particularly at Christmas.  I'm so proud that Michael's parents have been able to put the past behind them enough to where we can spend the holiday TOGETHER as ONE BIG FAMILY!
I don't know if they realize it or not, but this is a HUGE blessing for their kids and grandkids.  Families change and grow, and it's our job to try to adapt to the changes and growth...while REMAINING connected.  I'm happy to report that Christmas with the whole family was a success! Just not long ago, I entitled my previous Christmas post "Epic Christmas," because I didn't know if it would happen again...or if it was a one-time, epic occurrance.  I'm happy to report that it was not a one time event. Particularly with all the travel that families have to do at Christmas, this makes it easier for everyone!
I made Paw Paw, Rebekah, and Michael a memory book of our trip to Uncle Buddy's house this year.  They seemed to like it.  We called Uncle Buddy all together because his birthday was the day of our get together. That was a real treat! I'm always amazed at how much everyone changes in the few months that go by between our visits! Sam talks like a MAN now! It blows my mind! Lucas is such a grown-up gentleman. And Alice, well...she is the spice of the family! Love that little girl! I think it's special for Paw Paw and Grammie to have all their kids and grandkids in the same place to celebrate the holiday, as well!  I always wish we had more time for our visits...but holidays require lots of travel for everyone. I'm just thankful for this Christmas blessing...of family.
Love you ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment