Monday, December 31, 2012

Congratulations John & Jenny!!!

It turned out to be the best New Year's Eve we've had in a long, long time! Two reasons why New Year's Eve was so much fun are located on the lovely faces of my two new friends (pictured here), John Hardy and Jenny Calvert. I was lucky enough to meet John, (a big shot attorney and computer aficionado among other things) through my dealings with Drug Court, as he is lucky enough to represent some of the winners that I assess. And lucky for me, I met Jenny, (a brilliant and beautiful pediatrician) through John. John had been telling me that he was possibly going to surprise me with a visit on New Year's Eve, but I also had knowledge that he was possibly going to propose on New Year's Eve... so I wasn't going to hold my breath waiting for him to arrive, as I expected him to be newly engaged. Sure enough, as I sat about in my pajamas at 9:00 PM, I received a phone call from my newfound friend, asking me if I could see the lake and sky from my back porch. About 10 minutes later, a large and loud fire cracker... personally sent for me, exploded over the lake! Fireworks shot out just for ME!!! WOW!!! Does it get any better than that?! Turns out, it does. John and Jenny came inside and delivered the good news that they indeed had gotten engaged this New Year's Eve! We invited them to come on in, and I busted out really bad pink Moscoto champagne... & we spent the evening laughing and telling old stories, which was so much fun! I honestly can't remember the last time I had a better New Year's Eve! Unplanned, non-pretentious, wonderful fun! Love, love, love our new friends!
Congratulations John and Jenny!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment