Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nick & Dana's Wedding

My cousin Nick is such a special guy. He flew to Texas from Michigan when my mom was really sick and literally carried her when we couldn't. Hence, the reason we made the trip to Mexico when we have no money in the middle of the holiday season. His bride, Dana, was so nice and gentle. Unfortunately, I don't know if they'd recommend doing a destination wedding in Mexico or not. Dana sent tons of pictures and directions to the staff, but when they got there, they had so many problems! There were problems with the set-up, expectations, and they did Dana's hair wrong, and she was crying before the wedding! They re-did it, but not without a lot of drama. Poor Nick was upset because his bride was upset. Carrie was in tears because her little Nolan didn't sleep at all and was inconsolable much of the day...and she's breastfeeding while trying to be in the wedding party. Susie & I felt bad that we were having the most fun, not the wedding party! Good news, though. Susie & I kept Nolan before & during the wedding, the arrangements worked out, and everything turned out beautiful. It just isn't a wedding without pre-wedding drama, right? The wedding was on the beach at sunset and it was lovely. There was a gentle breeze and the temperature was perfect. Dad spoke so authentically during the ceremony...there were few dry eyes in the house. A couple of silly sidenotes. 2 beach joggers just jogged right behind the bride & groom during the ceremony! I couldn't believe that people could be so rude! If I was jogging on the beach & saw a wedding, I'd stop or turn around! Michael took pictures for Carrie during the wedding, and I was mortified to see that he was drinking a beer DURING the wedding while taking pictures. I know it was casual. Yes, other people were drinking, but really? That's my boy! My dad performs the ceremony. Could there BE a cooler preacher?!?
Michael drinking his beer during the ceremony. Proud moment.
Cutting the cake
Nick feeding Dana wedding cake
Mr. & Mrs. Nicholas Bach! Congratulations!







No comments:

Post a Comment