Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Tree Decorating 2009

Noah points out a picture of he & Uncle Brian, saying, "Bryyyyy!"

After layer upon layer of ornaments and sparkles, the tree is done! Actually, the angel plummeted down 12 feet & I'm too tired to pick her up right now...so everything but that is done. I liked our tree last year, but not the placement, and I wasn't totally happy with it. Well, this year, I got it right! Hooray! I still have my picture-ornament tree, which I love. (And by the way, Noah does, too. He goes to the tree first thing in the morning and starts naming his family in the pictures. Love that. ) Because the tree is so massively tall, I added holiday words, jewels, high heels, tiaras, and presents in colors of cranberry, green, & white to the tree in addition to the picture frames. Big improvement for filler and whimsy! I thought about wrapping a ribbon around the tree, but when I thought about it, it just wasn't me. I ended up doing something a little unconventional, but it looks great. I used cranberry & green candlestick beading decorations and wrapped it around the tree. It's very sparkly and fun! I already had a lot of beading, but I had to order more from the florist shop and got it all up last night so we could put the final few decorations on the tree tonight. So much work, and I'm sure no one cares but me, but it makes my heart happy to see the tree just the way I like it! Merry Christmas! Daddy & Noah decorate the tree

Daddy and Noah put an ornament on the tree...a picture of Mama. Noah says, "Mama."

He loves the tree, and goes up to the ornaments and says in a sweet voice, "oooooooh, pretty!"


Noah puts an ornament on the tree. He also is in this very location often, because he loves turning the lights on and off the tree. He pronounces off, "ofT."
The final result...minus the angel!





1 comment:

  1. The tree is gorgeous - I love the holiday words, too - esp. the giant JOY! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete