Sunday, December 13, 2009

2009 White Rock Half Marathon

Stacy & I ran in the White Rock Half Marathon today. It was a cold day, and I was quickly reminded what a big event this is, as I saw 20,000 race-goers all corral into downtown Dallas. This race is a big deal. Participants were represented from all 50 states...serious runners. Not just the mom-on-the go kind of folks like myself. All in all, it was a good run. I finished in 2 hours 13 minutes...not too bad for minimal training. Stats reported that over 8,500 people ran the half marathon. I got 312th place in my division, and was ahead of about 34% of male finishers which is always nice;)


As I was running and could feel my feet hurting and my legs starting to burn, I kept asking myself, "Why am I doing this? Why am I doing this?" I think I came up with, 1) "Uh, I guess because I can", 2) "It's important to push myself and get outside of my comfort zone", and 3) "I want Noah to be proud of his mom."




Stacy & I before the race. Stacy improved on her time from last year by quite a bit! That's awesome! I'm so proud of her for becoming a runner. Just a few years ago, I all-but-forced her to run the Azaela 10K (sound familiar Mary Beth?) and she barely finished. Now she's run 3 half-marathons...same as me! You go girl!



Noah & I get ready to head out into the cold. Brrrrr!

I liked that my bib had my name on it and not just a number! Cool!

Finishing Medal





No comments:

Post a Comment