Thursday, December 24, 2009

Evolution of the glazed Christmas cookie

Since I'm the cookie girl, I thought I'd try a new cookie recipe this year. I wanted to make something special for Grammie, Rebekah, Bry and the kids for our Christmas this year...and this is what I chose. These are the cutest little cookies that you can use as place cards for your table. The dough has to chill for at least 4 hours. Even the glaze is homemade. Of course, I didn't have the life force to even get them started until the day that our company came, which is why the names are so sloppily written on the cookies...because Noah was tugging at my leg when I was writing the names. Oh, well. I tried. Here the trees are getting their glaze on.

I'm not a neat baker.

After the m&m's are on the cookies and the names are written, I melted chocolate chips and poured it into the bakers cups.

After the chocolate hardened, I put the cookies in the chocolate, tinted some coconut green so it looked like grass, and whala...a new tasty treat is born!

Noah's cookie before it got dunked in the chocolate.





No comments:

Post a Comment