Tuesday, January 31, 2012

3 surprising high points

Today was an extremely rough day, filled with suicidal clients, cancer patients, paperwork deadlines, and assessments of new clients struggling with recovery. I literally turned off my radio when driving and forced myself to engage in deep breathing. By the way, that DOES help! Three high points of the day---in addition to  my already three high points---Michael, Noah, & Jackson:
  1. I received an amazing text message from my friend, Courtney that read, "Just want to say thank you for being you! You are truly an angel.  You are such an inspiration to me.  Just letting you know!"  My dear friend Courtney has 19 months clean and is MY hero. She later called because her life is getting better and better, and she just wanted me to know that my belief in her has helped her stay sober one day at a time.  Talk about rewarding work that I do! YES! I say yes to that, even though this isn't a saying yes post!
  2. And on that note, "Saying Yes," guess how COOL it was to see that the ORIGINAL Say Yes blogger, none other than the fabulous Maria commented on MY saying yes post with her words, "LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! How exciting...your sweet boys birthday, a new camera, a housekeeper, and grace to see you through te week! Have a blessed week!"  I discovered Maria's blog through Pinterest, and have been inspired by her words each week. And, I must say...I'm not easily impressed, so when I heard from her it made my day! Sounds small, but I love women encouraging women! I say YES to that, too!!! Here's to supporting all the wonder-moms out there and not being catty!
  3. Despite my 12-hour workday, and a night ahead of paperwork to prepare for court Thursday...I worked on my BALANCE goal---I scheduled myself a kickboxing class during the busy day, despite the chaos.  It meant that I ate oatmeal, fruit, walnuts, and a skinny latte from Starbucks for dinner, but...I'll take it! Here's to PROGRESS, not perfection...as I forgot to add that to my saying yes post this week!
HERE'S TO FOCUSING ON THE POSITIVE EVENTS OF THE DAY INSTEAD OF THE DIFFICULTIES! YES TO THAT, TOO! WHAT WE FOCUS ON...E-X-P-A-N-D-S! BLESSINGS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment