Monday, January 30, 2012

Saying Yes

Today was a beautiful 68 degrees in East Texas, and the boys and I took a long walk through Rose Rudmond Park.  The boys were just perfect, and I tried to just soak in all the loving goodness that truly is the gift of time with these precious boys.  This week I'm saying YES to...
  • Celebrating 4 years since my amazing Noah Michael came to our family. This child is JOY personified.  He is my sunshine.
  • Because we do birthdays big at Camp McBride, this week will be little little rest for Mama as I'll be party preparing---turning our quarters into a party fit for a Super Hero...Super Noah, that is.
  • I say yes to cutting, pasting, re-arranging, and then cleaning all that slop up before our company arrives...hopefully.
  • Yes to cake, 4 candles, photo booth prop-making,  baloon hanging, hot glue-gunning, and super-cape wearing!
  • Yes to promising to ENJOY the party, not just planning the party!
  • I say yes to singing Happy Birthday, Dear Noah...followed by "God's blessings to you," a family tradition started by my dear mother.
  • Yes to Beautiful weather...I seriously have some roses blooming in February---not a lot, but still that amazes me!
  • I say yes to prayer, as some of my dear ones are really hurting right now.
  • Yes to a TRIAL of starting Noah in 5 days a week of preschool. His 1st day was today and Miss Denise texted me that he was having a great day. Love her.
  • Yes to 1:1 time with each of my boys.
  • I say yes to having an amazing husband who endures me during crazy weeks like this!
  • I say yes to SERIOUSLY...THIS WEEK FOR SURE...having my housekeeper return! SHE PROMISED THIS WEEK! I'm really hoping to say yes to this one!
  • Yes to being present in the moment.
  • Yes to balance, as difficult as this is for me.
  • Yes to squeezing a little bit of me time, however brief it may be. Working out is about the only me time I see happening, but it's perfect me time.
  • I say yes to gratitude, because I seriously have a great life. Thank you, God.
  • Yes to having my family & friends here to celebrate Noah's 4th birthday.
  • Yes to blessings.
  • Yes to reflection.
  • Yes to capturing fun moments with my new Canon...and YES to having my dear friend, Rose Bailey, on hand to capture moments so I can relax and stay present IN the moment!
  • Yes to my sweet boys.
  • Yes to Happy 4th Birthday Noah Michael!
  • Yes! Yes! Yes!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! How exciting... your sweet boys birthday, a new camera, a housekeeper and grace to see you through the week! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete