Monday, January 9, 2012

Saying Yes

Saying YES~


The 1st week of January 2012 is officially over...and I must say...it was over in the blink of an eye! Time is like that, really, though, isn't it?  How was your first week of the New Year? Did you make any resolutions? If you did, were you able to keep them up that first week?  We were so very out-of-the-loop this past New Year's Eve due to Noah having the flu.  He is now RECOVERED (Praise God) and by the sheer GRACE of God...Jackson did not get the flu! Take your blessings where you can get them, right?  I must say, even with a house of flu and lack of sleep, I did very well with my workouts last week. I beat my kickboxing goal, and even did some light running on my off days.  Now, if I can JUST FIND A WAY TO GET THIS HOUSE CLEAN & ORGANIZED!!! I bought this FABULOUS book by one of THE MOST PROMINENT ORGANIZERS....LAST YEAR.  Yes, I said LAST YEAR! (Organizing from the Inside Out). Anyway, I bought the book just before Jackson was born, and picked it up just after his birth.  Of course it said something along the lines of, "If you've had major changes in your life (such as the birth of a baby...change in job...new job responsibilities...changing roles)...THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO TRY TO ORGANIZE!" Well, thanks for telling me that AFTER I bought the book! So I have this great book, and NO TIME TO READ IT! I've highlighted the big parts...just enough to know in the depths of my soul...that I definitely have ADHD traits, and this whole REALLY GETTING ORGANIZED THING IS GOING TO BE HARD!!! I know that, rather than just buy a bunch of bins...I need to do the emotional work...and the preparation and planning (not my strong point) to figure it all out.  And in the midst of family, work, lack of sleep, more work, a wrecked house...etc. etc...I struggle with how to get it all done! I know that I'm not the only mother that has difficulty balancing it all.  Sometimes, I feel like one of the few mothers who will actually be honest and say, "GUESS WHAT?!? I LOVE MY FAMILY...BUT IT IS HARD!"  But I am forging on!  And on that note, this week I'm saying YES to...
  • YES to working out at least 5 days this week!
  • I say YES to reading at least ONE chapter in the organizing book!
  • I say YES to making plans for my housekeeper to return (Thank you Christine!)
  • YES to giving myself the same amount of compassion I so freely give to others.
  • YES to catching up on my blog....Yes, that's been on the list a few weeks in a row now! I HAVE been catching up!
  • I say YES to trying to be more conscious and present in moments that I'd normally zip right through.
  • I say YES to organizing the pantry----YES! I got 85% of it done today...with 2 boys, in-between emailing Judge Clark and juggling.  It was a beast!
  • YES to being more patient...
  • YES to being a work-in-progress...
  • I say YES to working smarter, not harder...
  • YES to appreciating my husband. 
  • I say YES to prayer.  So many are hurting and I am so blessed.
  • I say YES to rocking Jackson, loving every inch of his sweet baby body.
  • YES to running my fingers through Noah's curly, copper locks.
  • YES to Grace...
  • YES to drinking more water! I heart Coke Zero. And add that addiction to being sleep-deprived=Drinking TOO MUCH Coke Zero!
  • YES to more real food, & less processed food.
  • I say YES to week 2 of Biggest Loser!
  • YES to inspiration!
  • I say YES to watching my tone of voice.  It matters.
  • Yes to getting some things fixed that I've been procrasting on...
  • YES to appreciating the beautiful rain...
  • YES to clothes that actually fit!
  • I say YES to getting outside of my comfort zone.
  • YES to accountability...
  • YES to self-care and caring for my boys...
  • YES to PROGRESS...NOT PERFECTION!!
  • YES to JOY RISING!
  • YES to Life is DESSERT!
  • YES! YES! YES!
  •  
    Wouldn't it be great if we just quit stressing so much...quit comparing ourselves to everybody else...and just said YES to the JOY that life has to offer?!  I'm not saying we have to be happy ALL day, every day...but FIND HAPPINESS...LOOK FOR IT...EACH DAY! Say YES to JOY!  What are YOU saying yes to this week?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment