Friday, January 27, 2012

Another photo shoot from hell

Dear God,
Is there a reason why are photo shoots are almost always from hell? I know I'm not perfect, God, but I'm generally a decent person.  Yes, during our (2nd) Valentine photo shoot from hell...as I was literally picking the dirt out of Jackson's mouth after he fell out of the chair flat on his face...I did mutter under my breath, "Jesus." But what I meant was, "Jesus, please help us."  And, yes, Lord, after Noah hit me (3 times) when I told him I would not be getting him pizza due too his misbehavior, I did say, "Oh Lord."  But what I meant was, "Oh, Lord. I need your help to get through this without checking myself into the local mental hospital."  Despite my planning and reading blogs about "how to prepare for your children's photo shoot," I'm pretty certain that divine intervention is about the only way that no one will be injured, crying, throwing temper tantrums, or severely traumatized.  Please send a miracle, blessing, or whatever you have on hand for our next photo shoot, because I've done all I can do and now I'm surrendering it all to you! This really blew, God. Help please. Seriously. But thank you for all my other wonderful blessings. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful.
In Jesus' name I sincerely plead,
Brenda McBride

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl...as a fellow mom, I want to both cry and laugh with you! Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead and laugh. I've been eating pizza, chocolate, & carbs since. Oops on the balance thing. Back to on track tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete