Monday, January 23, 2012

Zoo Adventures


I know this will be boring to anyone but me...and my boys one day, but I shall write anyway, because it's adventures like this that I'll forget! I told Noah that I'd take him to the zoo after he rested today. Well, the 1st time ever...Jackson was actually ASLEEP (he's not a big napper like Noah was) when it was time to go. We woke him up so that we could get to the zoo before they closed. We literally got to the zoo at 3:15 and they close at 4:00 pm. It was a beautiful afternoon and I think I counted MAYBE 10 other people total at the zoo.  Noah pet the goats for the first time. He's always shyed away before today. So that was a first. But the part I want to remember is that we almost got locked in the zoo! I told Noah the zoo was closing, as it was 4:00, but he wanted to see the penguins.  So, we walked to the penguin house, then out, then to the alligator. I figured, "It's no big deal. We'll just leave through the alligator exit." Oops. They locked the alligator exit before 4:00 actually. I looked around and noticed that we were the only people to be seen. I told Noah that we'd have to run back to the front of the entrance so that we wouldn't get locked in the zoo! We started running...me pushing a stroller and Noah right beside me. He got a bit freaked out and started saying, "Oh no! Mommy, I don't want to be locked in the zoo!" Poor guy. I told him that I'd take care of him and that we'd be fine (as I'm praying that we didn't literally get locked in the zoo.) At this point, I saw one guy with his daughter so I worried less. (He was headed to the alligator exit despite my warning it was locked.) Anyway, Noah hopped on the front of Jackson's stroller (facing Jackson) and held on tight and shouted, "Go Mommy, Go! Run fast!" Cracked me up. I was literally laughing outloud, running through the zoo, hoping to make it out in time. Sure enough...we made it. Noah was so relieved, and I got a good workout! Hands down...the MOST fun I've ever had at the zoo. After we left the zoo, I took Noah to McDonalds (which he pronounes, "Mc-Mc Donalds") for a smoothie and fries (his pick, obviously). He was SO happy! You would've thought he won the lottery. With the enthusiasm that stemmed from his toes, he exclaimed, "Mommy, this is amazing! You are the BEST!" These are the moments to remember. It's a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment