Monday, January 23, 2012

Saying Yes!

As the Black Eyed Peas song goes, "It's a New Day!"
(Thank God for that!) I woke up determined to be out of my funk and CHOOSE JOY TODAY. And I did. Just like that. So on that happy note, I'm starting the week off right...by Saying YES!
I say YES to...
  • BEAUTIFUL Texas weather!
  • The sweet sounds Jackson makes when he drinks his milk.
  • Noah's enthusiasm and the way he wakes up with a joyful heart EVERY day.  He really does.
  • I say YES to walks around the lake with my boys.
  • YES  to working off my Sunday maladaptive coping carb fest:/
  • YES to MORE pictures with Rose Bailey this Friday---Bring it!
  • YES to serving as the Komen National Sponsor Liason for the upcoming Race For the Cure.
  • YES to self-care, as I got behind there.
  • I say YES to letting go of scorekeeping.
  • YES to working on organizational skills; finishing one project (or room, or drawer, or report, whatever "it" may be) before jumping to another.
  • YES to encouraging my friends in their efforts to get fit.
  • YES to Love is a Verb!
  • YES to having serious gratitude for my health.
  • YES to using that gratitude to motivate me to make healthy choices.
  • I say YES to BALANCE.
  • YES to taking deep breaths to calm myself if/when I begin to get overwhelmed.
  • YES to prayer. Please, God, lift up Elizabeth during this time of crisis. Guide her, strengthen her. Comfort her. Help her to know that I am here and always will be.
  • YES to listening and using my words constructively.
  • YES to dancing with my boys.
  • I say YES to laughter.
  • YES to ordering Noah's Super 4th Birthday Cake.
  • YES to saying no when necessary without guilt.
  • YES to my housekeeper returning----she stood me up last week!
  • YES to the promise of spring!
  • YES to appreciating Michael for being a wonderful husband and father.
  • I say YES to Noah. Yes to Jackson. Yes to playing more and cleaning less.
  • YES to catching up on some things I've been procrastinating doing.
  • YES to CHOOSING JOY TODAY!
  • YES to rest.
  • YES to being totally comfortable with who I am.
  • YES to confidence, energy, and authenticity.
  • YES to Progress, not perfection,
  • YES to Life Is Dessert!
  • YES! YES! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment