Sunday, January 22, 2012

Difficult Moments


We had a difficult weekend at our home, and I found myself feeling guilty for just wanting a little peace. It's been a rough week with too-little sleep and with too-much stress. Not to focus on the negatives, but I found myself repeating the prayer above, quite often.  On a positive note...I know I have a great life. On the downside, there are days (usually when we are sleep-deprived and extremely lacking in self-care) when the everyday trenches of motherhood are frustrating and exhausting.  That doesn't mean I don't love my boys. I love them with my whole heart.  It does mean that it takes a village to raise kids, and sometimes I wish I had a bigger village! But, through it all...I managed to find some great moments...like rocking Jackson, and running my fingers through Noah's hair.  I'm doing better on the balance thing...a work in progress there, too! But, instead of just eating junk food all weekend, which I've done before when super-stressed...I ate junk food today, and still worked out Friday & Saturday, so that's progress, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment