Sunday, November 29, 2009

Planning for Mexico

My cousin, Nick, is getting married in Mexico this Friday, December 6th. I wouldn't even consider going to Mexico for a wedding, except Nick was instrumental in helping us with Mom...especially the last few days of her life when it was so rough. He traveled from Michigan to my wedding, as well as my sisters' weddings, so we decided it would only be right for us to make the trip. It'll be a short trip. Leave early Thursday and come back Saturday...not that my anxiety is lowered any. This will be my first time away, and it'll be really away. The longest I've been gone is significantly less than 24 hours at a time. I'm not worried about Noah. I know he'll be fine. Because I've had loss, I'm always keenly aware of that impact, and I just hope we don't die in a plane crash or get abducted by cartel drug lords or something! We haven't done a will and are going to do that before we go. I want everything as much "in order" as it can be before we go, and I'm certain it won't be but that's life! In the meantime, I've got to figure out a way to decorate our big Christmas tree, clean our house (which is a huge task at the moment, as I've got an explosion of Christmas decorations everywhere), train for a half marathon in 2 weeks after binge eating on carbs, write a will, pack, etc. It'll be a busy week!

2 comments:

  1. That is so fun! Where in MX? It will all be fine...we went to Portugal when Taylor was 11 mos old and to Australia when he was 16 mos old. So I know how you feel completely! I was calling home like every hour and every bump on the plane made me cry!! If you wanna borrow the 15-page manual I made for my mom about caring for Taylor, let me know! :) Enjoy your two nights away, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny..... I had PAGES written down when we left the kids with Todd's parents for Ireland too. As if they didn't successfully raise two of their own children! I love it! I look forward to your post when you return, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete