Sunday, November 22, 2009

Love is a Verb...Christmas Lights

I'm well known for often saying , "Love is a verb." It's my thing. When Elizabeth reads this, she'll laugh, because she knows it's true. She even made me a scrapbook with that as the title! I say love is a verb because it's true. A verb is an ACTION word. Sometimes we say things or intend things, but the follow through, the DOING isn't there. I put a lot of credit into the DOING part in the way I love and the way I want to be loved. Well, Michael was the total verb today! He knows that I love everything Christmas and he decided to put up our Christmas lights today. I like icicle lights, so he went up, up, and away to put the lights up! It took all day & going back to Home Depot for a taller ladder just to get the rooftop lined with lights. See? Love is WHAT YOU DO!!! One day Noah will read this, see his Daddy on the roof, and read the importance of SHOWING people you love them, as well as telling them. FYI, Noah...Mommy calls that having congruent words & behavior! A good thing! If you look closely on the roof you'll see Michael tilted, hanging on for dear life, trying to hang the lights! God bless him! Love is a verb.
Here is my view from holding the ladder while Michael hangs the lights. This wasn't even the tallest peak!

We actually had to go BACK to Home Depot, because the 24 ft. ladder wasn't tall enough to reach this peak. We had to get the 32 ft ladder. Gulp!

These are my favorite pics of the light-hanging adventure...still in progress, I might add. Noah & I went to the 2nd story bay-window room & Michael climbed up the ladder because he was hanging lights there. Noah thought that was too cool that his "Dadd'N" climbed up to see us! I love how Michael's face lit up when he saw Noah...never mind that he could plummet to his death. His eyes were fixed on his son. Awwwwww, love these boys!

Noah & Michael sweetly touch hands through the window. I started yelling, "HOLD ON!" I couldn't believe he was that high in the air & was holding onto a ladder with one hand! I'm grateful I'm not a widow today!




1 comment:

  1. Good Grief, Brenda! This might have been one task I hired someone for!!!! I would have been in full blown panic over the thought of a slip. I had that feeling in the pit of my stomach just looking at the pictures! The end result is stunning of course.

    ReplyDelete