Thursday, November 26, 2009

Amazing Rebekah











I have to go on record regarding how my sister-in-law, Rebekah, totally stepped up to the plate this Thanksgiving. She not only stepped up to the plate, she hit a home run. Without going into the details, Rebekah was told in a matter of hours...she'd be having several more guests for Thanksgiving than she was expecting and Michael's mom wasn't feeling well so she wasn't going to be able to come. Grammie always makes the turkey and dressing. It's just what she does. So here Rebekah is...already planning to make an amazing dinner...and oops...guess what? You get to make it for more people and the main person you had making some of the big-ticket items won't be there. Good luck! I have to say....SHE WAS A TROOPER! She said that she never even made a turkey or her mom's dressing before. "I've seen her do it, but there's no recipe written down." Seriously? I would've been calling Luby's or just declared that there would be no turkey or dressing. Not Rebekah. She just jumped right in with no fear...and it was FABULOUS! She even made homemade apple cider and THE BEST pumpkin pie I've ever eaten. (Mary Beth, you have got to try this recipe. I was WOWED!)

I was so proud of Rebekah & ESPECIALLLY proud that, although she was stressed...she did NOT let the stress or dynamics of the day steal her joy or her committmet to give her children the memory of a wonderful family meal. The meal wasn't about everything being perfect, but about creating the feeling of warmth that her kids would remember long after the holiday passed. I know this to be true, because that's exactly how my mom was. And that....is the ultimate compliment because there is simply no one more amazing in my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great meal and a great family time. I think I would really like Rebecca and I am all about that pie....and that dressing too, frankly! The pic looks amazing! :) SOrry about the rough night before with Mr. Noah. Has he caught up on his sleep yet? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete