Saturday, October 10, 2009

Visit to Moore Farms



















Today Noah & I went to Moore Farms to go pumpkin picking. Again, Michael advised me not to go. Of course I knew he was right, that it has been raining & there would be mud everywhere...but we went anyway. I get stir crazy just sitting in the house all day! My sisters & their kids were supposed to meet me there. My older sister flaked out so my younger sister, Susie, and her family went. Noah was in a foul mood. He has not been sleeping well since we moved to this new bed. Every day but one day this week he's been up between 4:00-5:00 am (at the latest). Today was no exception of course. Michael sure picked a good time to get a break! There was mud everywhere at the pumpkin farm, but Noah had a good time...except when I tried to keep him out of the mud or from climbing something that could kill him. Then he threw some fits...big ones! It's a unique form of embarassment you feel when you're kid is throwing a temper like that out in public. On one hand, I think, "This is perfectly normal. This is developmentally congruent with his age, blah blah blah." The other part of my brain thinks, "Seriously? Please just act like those non-tantrum kids over there." By the time we left, I was covered in mud. We still had fun. It was just a little exhausting. All this stimulation, surely he'd sleep for his nap, right? Not really...less than an hour. I think he's trying to to ensure that he never has a brother or sister, because today was good birth control. Nevertheless, I don't know what I'd do without him. The things we do for love!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mommy! I know those days for sure and can sympathize! That is when you sneak into their rooms after they are sleeping peacefully and watch them for a few minutes to remind yourself about all the good easy and WONDERFUL moments!!! On the up side....Michael is back today AND Noah looked adorable in his Fall colors at the Farm!! Why don't we ever take our boys to these places together? They are only 10 months apart!!

    ReplyDelete