Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brian's 40th Birthday Surprise Party

Despite the difficult drive to the party, as well as the 4:00 am drive home the following morning, we are very thankful that we were able to celebrate with Brian in his 40th birthday surprise party. We arrived about 10-15 minutes before Brian did, so we were able to witness the shock on his face when he drove up to his house and about 40 family & friends met him at the door, toasting his 40th birthday. There are some moments that are so special, you just have to be there. I'm glad we were.

Rebekah & Michael's mom worked sooooo hard to make the house extra beautiful. There were decorations everywhere. I tried to study them so I could remember how to incorporate aspects into my own house! Guests were dressed in their favorite collegiate sports clothes (mostly burnt orange, of course) and there was an alcoholic bar as well as a catered fajita bar, and it was just fabulous. My favorite decoration was the cake, which was a UT football helmet! Rebekah's friend owns a sublime bakery in Ft. Worth and did an incredible job on the cake! I spent hours making a photobook for Brian, which was from Noah, "40 things I love about BRYYYYY." I hope he liked the book. It seemed to generate a bit of interest, especially because one of the things Noah loved about BRYYYY was that his hair got better instead of worse as he aged. I scanned an OLD pic from the 1980's when Rebekah & Brian went to prom together. Brian looked like the lead singer of the cure and Rebekah had the 80's hair. I think it's cool they've been together so long. Of course, the wacky picture was what got most of the attention. Here's the pic below. That's Michael on the far left, and Rebekah & Brian in the black & white. Too cute!
Brian was genuinely surprised, which was a feat. I mean, he is a doctor, just brilliant. Nearing midnight, Brian looked at Rebekah and said, "I've known you since the 4th grade...and you still manage to surprise me." I got tears in my eyes. That's one of many reasons why we love him. He genuinely loves Rebekah so much. Happy 40th Birthday, dear Brian. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment