Friday, October 23, 2009

The drive from hell

We are driving to Ft. Worth for a surprise 40th birthday party for our brother-in-law, Brian. This is officially going in the record books as the drive from hell. We left later than planned, which was no biggie. Then I-20 was at a standstill due to construction. Michael is cursing under his breath, & Noah desperately needs to rest but is refusing. He is over-tired, which, now that I think about it...I am too. He has been crying, screaming, hitting himself in the head, & just unplugged the DVD player(twice) with his foot & then got angry because his show went off. Oh wait...I had to get out after that last sentence because we're out of gas & the gas cap wouldn't come off. Michael is fuming. I had to somehow wedge a credit card into the gas thingy for it to open. Nice. The sun has been blaring, so Michael has been trying to hold up this blanket while driving, not that it has helped Noah to quiet down. Michael is in the road rage state -of- mind & is flipping people off & riding too close to cars. As I wrote that he slammed the brakes again & is stressing because we'll probably be late for the surprise party. We're in bumper -to - bumper traffic. At the rate we're going, I'm going to be happy if we get there at all!


Michael trying to drive while shielding Noah from the sun.


My unhappy traveler






Brenda Joy McBride

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! That does sound like the drive from hell! Did you all make it?? Sorry, girl...

    ReplyDelete