Saturday, October 3, 2009

Longest run to date

The Tyler Half Marathon is only a couple weeks away so I decided to get up this morning and do a long run in preparation. The weather was in the 50's & I love to run in the morning when it's cold. I loaded new music on my iPod, watched the sun come up, and had the best run of my life...14 miles! It's so much easier to breathe when it's cool outside, but it is different. It took a couple miles for me to hit my groove, but after that it was invigorating! I want to keep pushing myself & taking on new challenges. It's very authentic for me to take that path; it makes me feel on fire for life! I also want Noah to see that it's important to take on new challenges & persevere. When you think you don't have the strength but dig deep to find it, that's the best way to build confidence & self-estem. After the half marathon, it's on to the mud run for another step outside my comfort zone...but I welcome the journey.
Brenda Joy McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment