Friday, October 2, 2009

Noah's 1st Jump Out Of His Crib

Noah is 19 months old & is a CLIMBER! He has no fear and Michael and I have been exceedingly worried that he'd try to get out of his crib. Just this week, Michael started pretending that he was leaving the room & would secretly go into Noah's closet to see if Noah would try to get out of his bed while resisting napping. I told Michael that Noah wouldn't just randomly jump out of the crib; that he'd at least fuss first, and we'd be able to hear that. I WAS WRONG! After spending over an hour trying to get him to nap yesterday, I finally got Noah to sleep. I heard him briefly stir after I left the room, but there was no fussing...just a sudden scream and cry that was not the usual cry. I lept down the stairs to open the door and found Noah standing up on the floor. He had a scratch on his right arm, but that was his only injury. Unfortunately, Noah then realized that he could escape the crib. I tried (unsuccessfully) to put him down again, and I tried Michael's trick of hiding in the closet and peeking around the corner. It must've looked hilarious. Noah thought I left the room & immediately began screaming & plunging himself over the crib (head first) again. When I went to Noah's room this morning to get him up, this is what I saw! Michael was so worried that Noah would climb out of his crib, that he went and bought a video monitor and proceeded to prop these large pillows & bean bag up so "at least he'd have a soft landing if he did climb out." I had to take a picture and document this so that my son could one day see just what he put us through! (and just how much his Daddy & Mommy love him!) Today, I wore that kid out. We went to Toys R' Us. We went to the park. We danced. We read books, watched shows, and got a new toy. He was literally carrying his pillow around and lying his pillow on the floor because he was so tuckered out. It took less than 5 minutes to put him down for his
ONE & ONLY NAP. No escape attempts made!




















No comments:

Post a Comment