Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Todd

Today our family was invited to celebrate Todd's 42nd birthday with the Sigmons and their neighbors. Michael is out of town and advised me not to go, citing that Noah would be too difficult to manage. If there's an object that he can climb, scale, go under, or jump off of, it's appealing to my son. As I'm writing this, I just noticed he just climbed atop the stone fireplace. Such is our life right now! I don't want to be one of those mothers that doesn't get out just because it's hard, so Noah & I went. I'm glad we did. He had a blast with all the kids. For me, the two highlights of the evening were the "bromance" cake that Marcia made that had a picture of DuWayne on it, since he is Todd's bromance. VERY funny. The 2nd highlight was when I went to put down my glass of wine (which took all of maybe 45 seconds)....sounds uneventful right? Not with my kid. I returned to the room to find that Noah broke into the closet and had climbed atop a ladder...well, technically the 2nd rung to the top. He was standing there, about 4-5 ft in the air, and said, "help-p." After I almost stroked out and Noah realized he didn't plumet to his death, he wanted to do it again. I vetoed that. We had to leave early because it was past Noah's bedtime and he was fussing, but we had a nice time. I'm glad Michael wasn't there. He would've stroked out about the ladder. He's a hover Daddy!Todd cuts his bromance cake.....baw chicka baw baw
The famous bromance cake

Todd jams out on his new Wii guitar

The kids had a blast

Noah "helps" drum

Baby Micah...sweet as ever








No comments:

Post a Comment