Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Thoughts of 2011

On the last day of 2011, instead of making a bunch of small resolutions that will be long forgone after a week or so, I choose to pick one word that I'll continually reference for my overall goal of 2012.  The word is....
BALANCE.
Although 2011 was a great year, it's also a year that got out of balance, as I worked a lot more  than I intended (albeit mostly at night when the boys were asleep), and struggled (like most working moms) to balance home, a growing family, marriage, work, expectations, etc. Nevertheless, in 2012, I want to strive for more balance in my life.  This will require me letting some things go...which also will include telling some people no.  This will also include me doing some things JUST GOOD ENOUGH,  rather than doing things perfectly.  This will include asking for help, delegating, giving up some control, and continually reflecting on "the big picture."  This will require me to stop my "all or nothing thinking" and making serious strides in decreasing procrastination and increasing organization...two topics that don't come easy to me! This goal for balance extends to every facet of my life...my relationships...my work...my health...my home...my everything.  I am a work-in-progress, and the goal is PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION! But, just by writing this down, and reflecting upon what REALLY matters, I have set my intention into the universe.  And I know, I must maintain focus. I know I'll lose focus at times, and that's o.k.  Then, it'll just be time to reflect, and regroup.  I will remember..."What you focus on....EXPANDS."
So there it is...a one-word intention for 2012. 
BALANCE.

Love is a verb.  Take action.

Life is dessert. Make it sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment