Friday, December 23, 2011

Polar Express with my 3 loves

Getting ready to board the Polar Express! Love Daddy's jammies!



The 3 loves of my life!

Tonight our family went on a train ride on the Polar Express. It was MAGICAL! Noah was over the moon! He loves trains more than just about anything, and being able to ride a real train was just about as great as life gets for a 3 year-old boy! His eyes lit up and his grin spread from ear to ear! When the staff on the train sang songs, clapped, or danced, my Noah just jumped right in! He was in heaven. I must admit, I was in heaven, too! I thought to myself, "This would've been the perfect job for me as I was going through college! I'd love to be the fun elf on the train singing and dancing and just celebrating with the families on board!" And sweet Jackson...poor baby, didn't even get to nap more than 30 minutes...but was perfect. There was one moment when I sat him on our table and he pressed his little hands (and nose) against the glass windows. He just watched in wonderment at the passing forrest. It's so amazing to watch him discover each new day.  And Michael---well, he is the best. Noah wanted Daddy to wear pajamas on the train, so...much against his desire...Daddy wore pajamas and got in the true spirit! I told him that when he's looking back on his life...he'll be glad he was in the spirit and fully engaged with his children, rather than a dad that sat on the sidelines out of "ego." He agreed. (Although, we ran into one of his long-time friends that drove all the way from Houston to ride the train, & the 1st thing Todd mentioned was Michael's PJ's! Hilarious!) There was one moment when Jackson was pressed up against the window, and I glanced at Michael & Noah smiling at each other as they shared a cookie.  I got tears in my eyes, as I thought to  myself, "This is what life is all about. MOMENTS.  Moments Like this!"  Life is dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment