Thursday, December 8, 2011

Saying Yes

I find it hilarious that I'm writing what I'm "Saying Yes" to this week, as the week is almost over! Sometimes that's just life! We get busy in the surviving day-to-day and then wake up and it's Thursday! Since I'm working on PROGRESS, not perfection, I'm o.k. with that!
This week I'm saying yes to...
  • Imprinting in my mind how precious it is to watch Jackson "run" (he can't run, just toddles fast) to greet me waving his arm hello when I come home. I love that!
  • Yes to listening to Noah sing Christmas songs---He has the most precious voice EVER!
  • Yes to appreciating my husband.  I'm lucky to have one of the best.
  • Yes to making the most special Christmas surprises for Noah & Alice.
  • I am saying Yes to working out at least 5 days this week!
  • Yes to finishing the Christmas decorating---tried last week, but my spontaneous Christmas surprise for Noah & Alice took precedence.
  • I am saying Yes to gratitude, Yes to appreciation, Yes to the good stuff of life.
  • Yes to mailing Christmas cards and Christmas shopping.
  • Yes to connecting with old friends...and yes to fostering friendships with new friends.
  • I am saying YES to loving my work. I'm right where I want to be.
  • Yes to planning special surprises for our Drug Court Christmas party next week. On a sidebar, I love Drug Court. It is the most rewarding work I've ever done. I literally am in awe, every single week that I am a part of the recovery process for these families. And we are changing lives. I see it literally....every....day.  It feeds my spirit.  While in recovery treatment, these parents don't have custody of their children.  And that can make the holiday season tough. So, we decided to host a special Christmas party for our Drug Court families. All our parents will get to celebrate with their children. We're having Santa there, and Village Bakery is donating holiday treats! I'm making a photo booth complete with Christmas props for our families, and we are going to take pictures for them with their kids. Sounds simple, but when parents are head-first in addiction, things like creating family memories get pushed to the wayside. A lot of our parents don't have pictures with their kids. It's heartbreaking. So, we're going to try to remedy that in a positive way.  I'm also going to set up a craft area where the kids can make handprint projects, as most of them don't have this, as well. Long sidebar, but it's such rewarding work!
  • Yes to prayer.
  • Yes to getting caught up on some work.
  • Yes to preparing for Christmas celebrations.
  • Yes to jingle, deck the halls, and Christmas songs.
  • Yes to the crackle of the fireplace in my bedroom. Love.
  • Yes to giggles, hugs, and kisses, and all the beauty that my sons behold.
  • Yes to grace.
  • Yes to life is dessert!
  • Yes! Yes! Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment