Saturday, December 31, 2011

Poor Sick Noah on New Year's Eve 2011

"Mommy, I'm so sick." Not exactly the words you EVER want to hear from your child, particularly on New Year's Eve.  But that's exactly what we heard. Poor Noah. This kid seems to be sick for some big winter holiday every year! This was the 1st year he's been well for Christmas, so New Year's Eve was the unlucky holiday, this year.  Susie & the boys came for a little New Year's Eve "party" today. We counted down 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...Happy New Year! Except, we did it at 12 noon instead of midnight. The boys didn't care! They were just happy to have gingerale, balloons, cupcakes, & cookies. Poor Noah...my LOVER of ALL THINGS PARTIES...got sick right during the party with a 101 fever.  He fell asleep during the festivities. When he woke up shortly thereafter, he ate a cookie and vomited it up 30 seconds later. Happy New Year, right?!?  Well, it gave me pause.....YES, Happy New Year indeed. There are so many parents out there with chronically ill and disabled children...and I have been blessed with a healthy child...minus the annual winter holiday sickness.  So, for that, as I sit here in my living room on New Year's Eve, I do not feel sad or bitter that I'm not out having drinks and partying it up.  I can hear the fireworks from Hollytree right now.  And I don't feel that I'm missing anything at all.  In fact, if I really want to see the fireworks, I just have to go to my upstairs patio and I can see them. (The truth is, I'm hoping the fireworks don't wake my sleeping Jackson, or my darling Noah...who just told me again, "Mommy, I'm so sick," as his fever spiked again.) My fireworks, my blessings every day & all year through...are my boys.  And no glittery ball in fabulous New York City can hold a candle to them. Speaking of which, Noah is awake again. I'm off for now... 
Poor sweet, Noah; literally fell asleep on the couch during our New Year's Eve "party" with Susie & the boys.  He must've been sick, because this kid LOVES a party!


After he woke up, since he couldn't join the party, we brought the party to him on the couch! He was happy to toot his noisemaker horn!

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, this is the first time I have been to your Blog...it's really cute, and I love your stories about the boys. I'm so sorry for Noah..I hope he is better today.You are truly blessed to have two healthy children. I love looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete