Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Saying YES!

Last week, I got so busy...I didn't get my saying yes post done.  I'm a busy mom trying to juggle it all, and between sick boys last week, pediatrician's visits, school parties, work, and hosting a family Christmas at our house (not to mention, doing all the shopping and wrapping, and baking for that Christmas) I didn't get it done. Good thing I'm working on progress, NOT perfection!

This week, I'm saying YES to...
  • Baking Christmas cookies with the boys.
  • Finishing last-minute Christmas shopping & wrapping presents.
  • I'm saying yes to a lighter work load, and unfortunately due to the holidays...a heavier number on the scale (yikes!)
  • Yes to turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, and the whole family gathered around the table.
  • Yes to attending church on Christmas Eve...PLEASE, God...Please let this be the FIRST Christmas since Noah was born that we are ALL WELL!!
  • I'm saying yes to working out during the early part of the week to lighten the poundage that will result from the late-week carb-fest!
  • Yes to watching, and re-watching how adorable Noah was during last week's Christmas play. Priceless!
  • I'm saying yes to stressing less, appreciating more.
  • Yes to sending the Christmas cards out...LATE...and NOT worrying about it!
  • Yes to Judge Clark's Christmas party, taking the boys on the Polar Express train ride, and a trip to the zoo.
  • I'm saying yes to JOY RISING!
  • Yes to Christmas music, and laughing outloud listening to Adam Sandler's Chanukah Song (As today is the 1st day of Hannukah).
  • I'm saying yes to remembering with a happy heart...all the special Christmas' past I was blessed to have with my precious mother. 
  • Yes to staying in the present moment, and focusing on the REAL reason for the season...
  • YES to celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. 
  • Yes to candle-light service on Christmas Eve.
  • Yes to family traditions and opening one present on Christmas Eve.
  • I'm saying yes to gratitude and finding joy in each day.
  • Yes to lots of pictures capturing our memories.
  • Yes to our 2nd Christmas as a family of four.
  • Yes to watching the boys open their presents.
  • Yes to smiles!
  • Yes to the true spirit of the holiday season; Jesus, peace, love, giving, and JOY!
YES! YES! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment