Sunday, December 25, 2011

My AMAZING Michael

 I just have to say a few words about my amazing husband, Michael. I often say, "Love is a verb."  Well, let me just give you a few examples.  He wore pajama pants to the Polar Express! (Clearly not his desire, but the rest of us were doing it, so he gave in and had spirit!) How many non-outgoing men would do that? That rocked! Love is a verb, indeed.
Christmas Eve 2011-
I got into a baking frenzy, as I had  chose  to make homemade sugar-cookie dough for Christmas.  This is a big, long process in case you didn't know.  He jumped right in and started helping mix the ingredients.  He even got Noah into the fun. Love is a verb!  Then there were mashed potatoes to make. NOT the box kind. My mashed potatoes are legendary! We are talking 3 sticks of butter, here! Without asking or being told, he peeled and boiled the potatoes so that I could be busy with our other Christmas preparations. (Plus Jackson is a "Mama, hold me all the time" baby, so when he's up I'm minimally able to do anything like that!) Love is a verb!
Christmas Eve night--He stopped by the Athens gas station to pick up some of that Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade after he saw how much I liked it.  Love is a verb. This next one is a big one---one that I didn't even KNOW about until Christmas day---He opened and assembeled almost all the boys' new toys and then (somehow!) placed them neatly back in their original container so that when the boys opend their presents...there was NO NEED for batteries...or scissors...and no injury from trying to open those deadly child-proof toy containers!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!? Yep. LOVE IS A VERB.   He stayed up until 3 am on Christmas Eve, rather Christmas Day, so that his presents to ME were all wrapped! I told him NOT to bother, that I didn't care one bit.  But he wanted it to be special. And it WAS! Love is a VERB!
Then on Christmas Day, I opened up a brand new, AMAZING Canon Rebel camera...THE ONE that I've been wanting for years...and constantly have complained about not having...as a total surprise. Now I'm not missing ANY moments, because that Canon is the bomb-diggity!!! The point is...he shows us he loves us not just with words but with his actions, as a verb is an action word.
LOVE IS A VERB.

Thank you, dear Michael, for being an amazing husband and father. I love you. Our boys love you. You bless our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment