Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010





Today we celebrated our 1st Thanksgiving as a family of four.BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop I was perfectly happy to go to Ft. Worth to have Thanksgiving with Michael's Mom & the Carliles but Michael was adament about not driving to Ft. Worth for such a quick visit. It's ironic...the day I told Michael that I was pregnant with Jackson, I remember saying, "Well, at least I'll have a good excuse not to cook for Thanksgiving." Well, that statement came back to bite me! I ended up cooking over 10 hours getting our first Thanksgiving as a family of 4 prepared. (I eventually decided that I'm a happier cook when I decide that I'm treating myself to a new pair of running shoes as my prize for cooking 3 weeks after giving birth!) Michael did a great job on the turkey and we had TWO types of dressing...my mother's traditional (northern) bread dressing and his mother's (southern) cornbread dressing. Both were delicious & I learned a lot. Needless to say, there are LOTS of leftovers! But this day is about giving thanks and being grateful for our many blessings: I'm so thankful for Michael, Noah, Jackson, and the opportunity to spend our first Thanksgiving as a family of four in our cozy home. I'm thankful that we are all healthy. I'm so thankful for our family and close friends. Happy Thanksgiving 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment