Saturday, October 30, 2010

Update on Pregnancy and Contractions

I couldn't fall asleep the evening of October 28th, which is VERY unusual for me. I'm usually asleep these days as soon as my head hits the pillow...it's waking up and not being able to fall back asleep that is usually my probem! Several hours later, contractions began about 1:30 am. And contiued. And continued. I have an Iphone app for that. Very easy to just press a button and it times it and all. Anyway, I never got to sleep. I woke Michael up around 6:30 am, thinking that this was the last that my doctor was on call and maybe I should call her just to see what she said. At that point, the contractions were about 8 minutes apart, so we decided against it. Good thing. The contractions died down as Noah woke up, and Michael went to work. Not a wink of sleep did I have, and it made for a VERY long day. I was able to sleep last night but have been up since 3 am this morning. Some contractions, but I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up that we could have a baby today. Michael is working again today & tomorrow...unless I go into labor, so this will make for another interesting day, I'm sure. I must say, it is very hard for control freaks like myself to just let things happen as they are going to happen! Here I "declared" that we would not have baby Jackson until November 2nd, when I could have my doctor there. (She's not on call this weekend). I declared that I didn't want to be in the hospital over the weekend. I declared that I would not have the baby on Halloween...all of which are a very strong possibility, indeed! Who knows? I guess this is where that whole, "Let go, and let God," statement comes in.

2 comments:

  1. OOOH I am so excited!!!! How are you now? After all your declarations on the phone the other day, looks like Jackson might have his own "say" about all this! :) He is gonna have a mind of his own like his mama!! Can't wait for news...love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you Brenda! I KNOW how anxious you are for Jackson to get here. I literally had Todd driving me to the hospital after my first contractions. I did so much research and know there is nothing better for the baby than letting nature take it's course but I just couldn't contain myself! Hang in there and your final words are PERFECT! "Let go and Let God"

    ReplyDelete