Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 14, 2010



October 14, 2010~ Today marks 13 years since I lost my sweet mother. I still miss her so much. I especially miss her this day...being 9 months pregnant with Baby Jackson and staring at the most beautiful red-headed toddler in the world. I just wish she was here to feel the joy, to hold and hug these precious babes. I love you and Miss you, Mom.

Rather than focusing on the loss, I want to focus on your life and the love you so freely gave. I honor you by living and loving.

Michael sent me flowers today, beautiful gerbera daisies...as he has done for the last 13 years on this day. Wow. I don't mention the day. He just knows, and tries to be a comfort.

I also received a sweet text message just when I needed it from my dear Mary Beth, many miles away. Oh, how I am blessed.
We celebrated by living and laughing...eating Mexican food (Noah's favorite right now!) and having cupcakes for dessert. And as I felt Baby Jackson moving and kicking even more than usual today, I am reminded of the circle of life...and that life does go on.
"Fear not. Only believe."

1 comment:

  1. Well I sent a card but it sat in the mailbox all day Monday bc of Columbus Day! I am clueless - sorry! Oh and my kid spilled soy sauce on it. Thought you would appreciate that "authenticity!" :) I figured this year may be extra hard bc of the exact reasons you described. I wish I had known your mom, B, but I feel like I did since I know you...XOXOXO!

    ReplyDelete