Thursday, October 7, 2010

Noah's 1st Day of Preschool

Tuesday, October 5, 2010~ I was up at 5:00 am today, anxious about Noah's 1st day of preschool. We had to go to the pediatrician for a well-child visit & shots prior to going to preschool, so that definitely added to my anxiety. Luckily, Noah did super at Dr. Austin's office, and did phenominal at preschool! Noah entered his room with no problems, and told me,"Bye Mommy," after we looked through his classroom and I introduced him to his teacher, Mrs. Alison, and then showed him the bathroom. Noah began coloring right away, and wasn't interested in circle time, but Mrs. Alison said to just give him time to explore everything. They then went to music, which Noah loved, played outside on the playground, did more center time, art activities, and then had lunch. Noah wasn't familiar with things like how to walk in a line, but as soon as Mrs. Alison showed him how to line up, Noah caught on quickly. I stayed and observed, and tried to stay where he couldn't see me a lot of the time. He saw me several times, and came up to me, but after I told him to play with his new friends, he went without problems. I took him to the potty, and was glad that he was able to pee pee on the potty at his new school. That was a big thing! I ate lunch with his class, and was surprised at how well Noah did sitting at the table with his new friends. Noah's teacher is WONDERFUL, and I feel SO blessed that we got to just the right place at, hopefully, just the right time. I'm SOOOOO proud of my Noah! Everyone told me that it would be a big, huge nightmare for about a month. I'm aware that it'll take time to adjust, particularly when I'm not there, but I'm So proud of my Noah!!! I love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment