Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our 1st preschool bump

I've heard so many nightmare stories about the adjustment to preschool. I tried to prepare myself for the worst, and hope for the best...and we've had an unbelievable first 2 days. I had a lot of anxiety about today, because Noah's teacher was scheduled to be out. In addition, Noah woke up today with self-inflicted scratches to his torso and the back of his neck. We trimmed the roses the other night and Noah was in the grass a lot and complained about itching yesterday. I hadn't seen the extent of his scratches until this morning, and my initial response was to keep him home today. Noah complained of itching and was much more tearful and fussy than usual. Noah said, "go school," so I decided to suck it up and take him. Noah was not too hip on some new teacher being there, and when I left, Noah began screaming for me and throwing a fit. I held back the tears and hid but listened. The staff were wonderful, though, and completely understood my concern. A teacher took Noah to go look at Fudge, the preschool pet guinea pig. Noah quickly calmed down and joined his class again. I told the owner to call me if he began crying again. I wanted to know, even if I was going to give them the opportunity to handle it. I called once and the owner said that Noah was doing great. The Tyler firefighters were visiting with the fire truck, and she said Noah was having a great time. When I picked Noah up, he was in his class playing Simon Says, smiling. BIG sigh of relief for Mommy. The teacher said that Noah did "great" the rest of the day. I asked if he had any accidents. She said that he had no accidents, but he did start to get tearful when she'd try to take him to the potty, so she didn't force him to go. But no accidents. Bless his little heart----Noah had been holding his pee pee from 9:30-1:00. I encouraged him to go pee pee on his school potty, and he did, so again, that's progress. Sweet little angel. SUCH an adjustment for us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment