Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Turn Tyler Pink 2010

Noah's first day of preschool was followed by an evening of Turning Tyler Pink, as tonight was the 2nd Annual Turn Tyler Pink event. I'm so bummed that my camera battery was dead. We tried charging it to my computer but it didn't work, so these are all the pics we have, taken with Michael's phone. Noah was very excited to see the pink fire truck! It was really good for me to see that the fire truck that Tyler donated last year had been painted pink and named "Tonya," in memory of the Tyler firefighter's late wife. I've stayed in touch with Wes and he is doing really well. I always find it interesting how tragedy can bind certain relationships. I introduced Noah to Tonya's now, 5 y/o little girl, Lissie. Lissie showed me where she signed a message to her mom inside the truck. It's amazing the power of good that can come out of such tragedy, as this event so poignantly demonstrates. So glad to be a part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment