Sunday, February 21, 2010

Technical difficulties..but best run time

I have been having technical difficulties....to say the LEAST. Although you might not guess it from looking at me...I love my technology...well, "i" technology, technically. iPhone, iPod, iTunes, and the Nike running system that keeps up with your pace, distance, everything. Technical difficulty #1....2 weeks ago a virus got into my computer. Lonnnnnnnnnnnnng story, but Michael got it fixed. Technical difficulty #2. I left my iPod in the hotel room where I went to "relax." Well, that caused me more anxiety than anything, because I can't run without my iPod. Seriously. I've got a half marathon in a few weeks and I have it all synced so it keeps up with my pace, my distance, everything. SO, I end up shelling out another $225 for ANOTHER iPod Nano. Why Nano? Why just not buy the Shuffle? Because the Shuffle doesn't have the fun Nike program. I know, I'm beginning to sound clinically bizarre. But, I couldn't just buy the Nano. I had to buy the smaller earphones, the sport band...you know...what it takes to run. At LEAST I didn't lose my little Nike Chip/program that is a little chip that goes in my shoe and an attachment to the Nano that tracks my run. Well. PART of that statement was right. Technically, I didn't lose the chip. I have it right here. But SOMEHOW, when I FINALLY got all hooked up to run, my Nike Chip wasn't working. HMMMMm. Technical Difficulty #3. I look in my shoe. THE CHIP IS GONE!!!! My only hunch is that my favorite shoe-obsessed red-head somehow got the chip out from under the shoe pad and now it's forever lost. SO, I went to Academy to shell out another $30 to get another one.
ALL OF THIS....and I had THE BEST RUN of my life yesterday. Well, technically it didn't feel good, but I ran 10.02 miles in 1 hour 25 minutes and 2 seconds, with a pace of 8 minutes 29 seconds per mile. I have to write that in bold and italics because it's a personal best and i may never beat that. That's very fast for me. ESPECIALLY for running that long of a distance. Especially after not running outside because of the snow/cold we've had.
So, go me, right? Wrong. ANOTHER problem. Technical difficulty #4. Nike has a whole site that syncs your run with your iPod & then posts your run to Facebook. You can even challenge/monitor your running friends, which several of mine are doing, so they told me to get hooked up. Herein lies the next problem. My iPod wouldn't post to Facebook. Later I realized that Facebook had problems. But the Nike site wasn't working for me either. I spent HOURS racking my brain, trying to figure out where the glitch was. AND HAVE YET to figure it out...even with Michael's help. He became so frustrated he just gave up. I'm getting ERROR 1302...which is about the number of headaches I've had since getting on the NikePlus Site. Could it possibly be an iTunes problem? I look that up. Yes, they have a 1302 error, also. We couldn't fix it, so, Technical problem #5... I RESET my new Nano...AND LOST MY RUN. I'm so glad I wrote the time down or it would be forever lost. Technology can be great, but right now...it's giving me fits. At least I can use my blog technology to vent my woes!

No comments:

Post a Comment