Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mommy's 24-hour respite

I took a 24 hour respite to Dallas. Shopped at Northpark and the Galleria. It was sooooo refreshing to be in a mall that was not the hood like Tyler's mall. Not only was the Dallas mall not infested with gangsta wanna-be's, the Dallas String Quartet was playing in the mall. I heard the music, saw the rows of white chairs, sat down for a couple hours and just took in the beautiful music. They played everything from classical pieces to the Beatles, Guns-N-Roses, and ColdPlay. Very refreshing.
The bad thing about this shopping excursion...WARNING: DESIGNERS ARE TRYING TO BRING BACK THE 1980's! The colors that were everywhere consisted of A) Neons or B) Nautical. GROSS! Let's see what else was horrible....how about stretch pants, leg warmers, skinny jeans, and HORIZONTAL STRIPES! That's a what not to wear DON'T! The colors that were cute, unfortunately, were usually in some long-tunic tent looking shirt that would come down to my knees making me look like a frump with sausage legs. So, I'm choosing NOT to participate in those trends and keep with the classic stuff. I only bought one pencil skirt and a pair of black pants. Wild. Luckily, shoes didn't let me down. Got some fabulous shoes from DSW. Although I even saw some neon shoes, as well. The 80's are dead for a reason people!
Beautiful music...right in the Northpark Mall!


No comments:

Post a Comment