Thursday, September 9, 2010

Visit to Caldwell Zoo




Noah & I went for a visit at the Caldwell Zoo this morning. Unfortunately, it was VERY humid outside, but we arrived early so it was tolerable. I took Noah to the petting zoo for the 1st time, and was shocked that he didn't want to get out and pet the goats. Noah said, "Mama do it." So I went and petted the goats to show him they were safe. When I tried to take him out of his stroller to pet the goats, Noah held onto his stroller for dear life and said, "no! no!" So, we just looked at the goats and went about our way. It surprised me that my little social/no fear son would be so reluctant, but, hey, it was easier on me in the long run! We had a good time and were feeding the ducks when it started to rain! Here I am, 8 months pregnant...with a broken toe...pushing a 40 pound kid & a 20 pound stroller UP hills to get out of the zoo. All I can say is, it wasn't pretty and I almost had a heart attack! I'll be glad when I can start running again. I feel like a waddling whale. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end, but these last few months of pregnancy have been particularly rough! Baby Jackson, I hope you read this one day and appreciate all your Mama went through for you! Also know that I never doubted that you'd be more than worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment