Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Noah's Potty Training Update

Great news to report on the potty training front! We started off great, and then took a regression, which is normal. But the good news is that after Susie's kids stayed with me a couple weeks ago, I figured out our potty training glitch! We were all swimming outside and Noah said, "Poo poo Mama!" I had an almost 3 year old (Nick Nick) & 5 year old (Matthew) with me, so I had them keep their life jackets on, sit on the back porch and bribed them with popsicles and chips. Worked like a charm. I took Noah in to go poo poo, and told him to sit on the potty while I checked on his cousins. When I returned, Noah was sitting on the potty and said, "poo poo." Sure enough, he did it! YAY! I analyzed the situation, and realized that the only factor that was different was that Noah had some privacy, so I decided to ask him if he wanted me to leave and sit outside the door in his room while he went poo poo. That was the ticket! From that moment since, Noah has told us every time he has had to go poo poo and hasn't had a poo poo accident in over 2 weeks! That's huge news in our house! Noah has done such a great job & I'm SO proud of him! I can hear when he is done because he gets off the potty, points at the poo poo and yells, "Poo Poo!" loudly! It's so funny, and something that probably only his parents can appreciate! Now he's really liking telling his family/friends about his success. This past weekend when Grammie, Brian, Rebekah, & the kids were here, after Noah finished going potty, he'd say, "Tell Grammie," or "Tell Bekah." He'd run in and proclaim, "Yay, poo poo Noah!" and everyone would clap. Go Noah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment