Saturday, September 18, 2010

Baby Shower

My friend, Janice, from work told me a week ago, "Oh, I'm going to do a shower for you on the 18th at 10:30." Janice has no kids and has never even been to a baby shower! With less than a week to prepare, I didn't know what to expect, but she & some of my friends from BHC pitched in to make it absolutely beautiful! (And I'm not one of those people that loves showers!) I told them to just do a low maintenance shower, but my friend Vicki later told me, "You always throw the best parties for everyone else. We wanted to do this." My friend Mary Beth would've loved the food---homemade strata, cucumber quiche, and lots of other homemade treats...with fresh fruit and non-alcoholic (for me, anyway) mimosas and hibiscus drinks.
The most memorable (and unexpected) moment was before we ate. All the ladies gathered in a circle, held hands, and said the most beautiful blessing for me, Jackson, and a safe and healthy delivery. When I thought the prayer was over, several people told me about specific prayers that they had been praying, and how they had felt through silent prayer that God had a special plan for Jackson, and that He may be glorified through Jackson's life. My friend Arleen said that she even called a friend of hers on the way to the shower and said, "God has put it on my heart that I need to tell Brenda about this prayer, but I don't want it to be weird or out of place or anything." Her friend told her that God would work it out, and he did. Perfectly. Anyway, several of us were tearful after such an intimate moment, and I want sweet Jackson to know how blessed he is to have people praying for him and sending him love before his birth. What a testament.









No comments:

Post a Comment