Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Another message about my amazing mother!

Today was a ROUGH day for me. The boys have been getting up at 4:20 am since the time change, which has been a beating. I've been up late trying to catch up on reports for court, my neck is...literally a pain in the neck, and our house Jackson's post-birthday party/Halloween clean-up combined with pre-Christmas decorating....well, it looks like a nightmare! So, today, I was initially less-than thrilled to lead my cancer support group.  Initially.  God is something wonderful.  We ended up having a small group of some of my favorite folks...people that are authentic and real...and we talked about those pivotal people in our lives...as WELL as TELLING those pivotal people the IMPACT they've had on our lives.  It's one thing to think it...but another thing to take the effort to CONNECT with someone, and truly verbalize how the person has impacted your life.  It was a very meaningful group.  After leading another therapy group this evening, coming home to put Noah to bed, and running a few on the treadmill, I came downstairs to check my email.  I received another email from one of my former peers from Commerce, Texas...who had the benefit of receiving my mother's grace.  I received this message THE DAY that I spoke with my cancer support group about the importance of telling others' about the impact they've had on your life.

"I am truly thankful for your mom teaching me how to show patience and care for all students in the classroom. She was only a longtime sub when Susie and I were in the third grade, and I wish I could tell her now, but telling you that I get to give my students what she gave me/us will keep her memory strong in my heart. Thanks for being on Facebook, and thanks for friending me."

Again, just another example of God's grace exemplified by my mother's actions.
Love is a verb.

1 comment:

  1. You, my friend, are MADE of awesome. I hope you know that.

    ReplyDelete