Friday, November 30, 2012

Another memory in the making






During our family Christmas picture shoot this year, Jackson was fussy and over it before it even began...and I was disappointed that I didn't get any pictures of Jackson or the boys together.  So, I asked my favorite photographer, Rose Bailey Photography if she would try to stop by the house on a spare afternoon to try a take 2.  I have enough natural light in our breakfast area, and I'm a big Christmas cookie baker, so I thought it would be easy enough to set out some Christmas cookies and snap pictures of the boys.  We also have an electric train around the tree and I figured that they would have fun with that, and it wouldn't require Jackson actually looking at the camera or smiling, as he is my challenging one in the photo department right now! (Noah is trained...smiles on the spot like his mama lol).

It started well.  Boys were at the table. Noah decorated cookies...Jackson wasn't much interested but enjoyed the dancing gingerbread man on the table.  But when it was time for the train, meltdown city. Everyone got frustrated (including Mama!) because the train wouldn't stay on the track and then meltdowns began, and Jackson just wanted me to hold him...but I looked like holy hell and did not want to be in the picture.  Good times! At one point, Rose told me, "Breathe, Brenda!" Nothing like trying to create fake happpy memories for your kids! Goodness! When Michael walked in, Jackson was screaming and Noah was refusing to participate, and I was about ready to pull my hair out. I just started laughing outloud at the chaos. THAT should've been the shot! Because that is real life, folks.  Luckily, I have this picture permanently imprinted on my brain---no photo required!
I snapped a couple pix of the boys before the fiasco...and they are precious indeed.  But let me tell you...it is SO MUCH work!!
Gotta love it.
But I realize I'm blessed to be able to do this...to have the time, the money, healthy kids....to take the pictures.  Life is really good, despite the chaos.

1 comment: