Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Turn Tyler Pink 2012

Tonight was Turn Tyler Pink 2012...a wonderful event hosted by the Tyler Firefighters...that started as a result of the Tyler Firefighters' desire to somehow help a fellow firefighter and his (now) deceased wife as they battled her breast cancer. I was humbled  and blessed to walk Wes and Tonya Malcom through Tonya's battle.  I'm always so amazed at the blessings that result from tragedy.  As a result of the Tyler firefighters' efforts to aid the Malcoms, this annual event began several years ago...and the Tyler Firefighters now generate about $100,000 annually to support the fight to end breast cancer and to fund their C.A.R.E. team (Cancer Awareness Relief Effort) team.  I was blessed to be a part of this process, so much bigger than I could've ever imagined. Wes and I are still friends.  He was recently remarried...is happy.  He recently told me, "I remember when I was going through all that...you said I'd see a bigger picture one day.  I didn't know what you meant then, but I do now." I signed the pink poster, in memory of my sweet mother, who I lost to breast cancer 15 years ago the 14th of this month.   Life sure is a roller coaster......but what a ride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment