Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BUCKET LIST

I've got big news...
Today....I registered for the DALLAS MARATHON!
Not the half marathon...the full 26 miles and 385 yards. 

This has silently been on my bucket list.  But I never really knew if I could do it. 
So, why not try it about 5 months post neck surgery? Makes sense, right?
(For the record, I called my neurosurgeon, and he gave me the o.k. He said if I already did a half-marathon, he'd clear me for the full.)
I guess I had it in my mind that I'd like to be able to say in my lifetime that I did a marathon.  And I'm going to be 40 soon. 
Just felt right. 
And, I figured..."Feel the fear and do it anyway!"
If I have to walk some of it, I'll still finish.  I'll still be able to say I completed a marathon.  I'll still get a medal.
Bucket list!!
I'm excited...and a little bit terrified of the training.  But when have I ever backed down to a challenge? Why start now, right?!?

O.k. It's officially declared.
Now it's time to run, run, run.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So excited for you and PROUD! When my sis ran hers in Chicago last year, I watched the cam online the whole time to catch a glimpse and I did get to see her cross the finish line!! Now I plan on watching for you in Dallas! Run girl RUN. I KNOW you can do this!!! (and we both know I am never wrong.) :)

    ReplyDelete