Sunday, October 14, 2012

Saying YES

SAYING YES...

After a long, hard, weekend full of Noah vomiting, the anniversary of my mother's death, and a seemingly endless "to do" list...and relapsing on chocolate, Mexican food, and Blue Bell ice cream...it is with a heart full of HOPE that I SAY YES, once again.  Every now and then, I find myself, unfortunately sweating the small stuff...and I realize that when this happens, I listen to my lower self...and say yes to the stuff I don't WANT to say yes to...like self doubt, complaining, and comparison...the stealers of JOY! So, enough of that! It is time to pull myself up and make the choice to embrace a new day, a new week...a new opportunity to say YES...
This week, I'm saying YES to...
  • Getting up early again for 5 am runs.
  • Doing what I meant to do last week but didn't...get HELP cleaning my house! I will digress here, but I had so much stuff to do...I actually needed help with getting the house READY to to be cleaned! I know that sounds lame, but if you don't clean up piles of junk, the cleaning lady will just clean AROUND it, and what's the point of that?!? It just ends up making me feel like a failure because I didn't have it done...hence the procrastination and, I didn't get the cleaning lady to come. THIS WEEK, I've got to just suck it up and get some help!
  • On that note, I'm saying YES to trying to make time every day to clean up.  This is particularly difficult when I'm trying to plan and do Jackson's birthday party all this week because I'll be out of town the whole week of his party. 
  • And on THAT note, I'm saying YES to trying to stop freaking out about everything being "perfect" for Jackson's birthday party.  Several of our cousins can't make his party, and it's a costume party, so I allowed myself to get all worked up today about "What if it's just us in a costume?"  O.k....so what if it is? What's the WORST that'll happen?  We'll dress up in costumes, which is fun...and we'll bounce, slide, and eat cake.  What's the bad part about that?!?  (That's the sweating the small stuff I've GOT to work on!)
  • And on THAT note...I'm saying YES to keeping things in perspective  and not sweating the small stuff.
  • I'm saying YES to eating clean, exercising...for that is the core of "being me."
  • I'm saying YES to one-goal-at-a-time...
  • YES to deep breaths...
  • YES to appreciating my blessings (and NO to complaining)
  • YES to hugs, snuggles, reading before bedtime with my boys...
  • YES to opening the boxes from Amazon and Etsy that will be waiting on my porch...
  • I'm saying YES to planning my outfits the night before & YES to fun boots!
  • Oh, and I'm saying YES to getting my new Coach bag in the mail...because Mama got a great deal, and I decided that after almost 5 years of carrying diaper bags & breastfeeding each son for a year.. that it was time Mama got a cute bag again!
  • YES to cutting out banners, cupcake toppers, and decorations for Jackson's party...
  • YES to asking for help...even if that means getting a sitter while Michael is out of town (oh how I struggle with asking for help!)
  • I'm saying YES to accepting myself...flaws and all, imperfectly perfect.
  • I'm saying YES to sweet text messages to my friend, MB, who remembers me when I need it most!
  • Oh, and I'm saying YES to this GREAT new app...Red Stamp...it's FREE & Fabulous...a must for moms.
  • Yes, to not beating myself up for having a rough couple of days...
  • YES to getting back up and holding my head high...
  • YES to pumpkins, spiders, and (not so) spooky Halloween decorations...
  • YES to ordering my Halloween tutu for Jackson's party...
  • YES to ordering my son's 2nd birthday cake and being perfectly OK with not baking it myself!
  • Yes to PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION!!
  • YES to what really matters...
  • YES! YES! YES!
What are YOU saying YES to this week?!? Listen to your HIGHER self and say YES!

1 comment:

  1. I say yes to you, a huge inspiration for me...as a mom and a wife and a friend! I am also saying yes to going to research this Red Stamp you mentioned! I also say yes to seeing some cute pics of your boots. It is still in the mid 80s here and you know I love boots! I also say yes to taking a profile pic of Taylor this week for silhouettes for his grandparents for Christmas this year! Love you so much, B. i am sorry for your rough days but remember every day is a new one, every week is new possibility so enjoy your week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete