Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Super Scrapbooking Skills...one time only!

For Elizabeth's 40th birthday party, I did something I just don't do...I scrapbooked. I LOVE that Elizabeth scrapbooks. I love how creative and beautiful all her scrapbooks turn out. I love that she now teaches other people to do this. But I DO NOT LIKE to scrapbook!!! I remember one day several years ago when I went to one of her scrapbook parties. She must have had $1,000 worth of scrapbooking supplies----Glue dots? What the hell is a glue dot?!? Eight, L-O-N-G hours later, after knashing my teeth to powder...I had a small Halloween scrapbook complete. When I say small, I mean SMALL! It was MAYBE the size of a 3x5 photo! I remember saying, "Eight hours of work and all I have is this stinking small thing?!?" Needless to say, it's not my thing. BUT....it is HER thing...So, for her party, I SCRAPBOOKED! I made 3 banners..two which were really big, in honor of Elizabeth's 40th! I printed, I cut, I USED GLUE DOTS & RIBBON! And I was in Michigan in hell until early this week, so I didn't even start this project until Thursday night at about 9:00 pm. That's how I roll...spontaneous. Needless to say, she was shocked when I showed her my mad scrapbooking skills. I even made cupcake toppers and stuff to decorate the candles and hang from the chandelier. Go Brenda with your bad scrappin' self. I always say that love is a verb. I was so trying to be the verb for my best girl. Happy 40th, friend. ONLY for you!

















No comments:

Post a Comment