Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Noah's 1st poo poo on the potty!!!





EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! NOAH MADE HIS FIRST POO POO ON THE POTTY TODAY!!! HOORAY!

Noah & I made several outings this morning in big boy underwear. No diaper. Talk about anxiety---for ME, not him! We went pee pee on the potty before we left & went to Hobby Lobby. We were there for a while, & Noah stayed dry! GO NOAH! When we were leaving, I asked him if he needed to pee pee, and he said, "pee pee grass." So I pulled the car up to a grassy spot near the back of the store & he did it! Go big boy!

THEN I really pressed my luck. I went all the way across town to Target. I wanted to try to get a big step stool so Noah could pee pee without me lifting him up. We were out & about another hour and he STILL stayed dry! We got home at about 10:50 am and Noah went pee pee on the potty at 10:50. Great. SUCH progress. Then he started saying, "poo poo," and ran to his bathroom. But when I put him on the potty seat Daddy drove to get from Susie, Noah was scared of it, and pulled it off. He jumped off and ran out. Ten minutes later, Noah said, "poo poo," and ran back to the potty. He was still scared of the potty seat, and ran out. He did this several times, bless his heart. He was trying so hard. At 11:05, I got him to sit on the potty, and he put his feet on the top part of his step stool, and I wedged my big rear on the bottom step. I said, "Let's call Daddy." By the time Daddy answered (on speaker phone) Noah leaned forward on the potty AND MADE HIS 1ST POO POO IN THE POTTY! I told Michael, "Daddy, Noah is doing it! Yay! He's making poo poo on the potty!" I'm pretty sure Michael was with a patient, but he was so encouraging to Noah. He said,"Go Noah! Yay!" Noah's face lit up! Noah was smiling ear-to-ear and started clapping! I told Michael to keep encouraging him, so Michael kept cheering, and of course I was just cheering like a professional cheerleader. (Hard to imagine, right?) It's funny that Noah going poo poo on the potty is the highlight of my week, but it really is! I was so happy to see him so proud of himself! After he finished, I wiped Noah, and he flushed it. He didn't even have his underwear on yet when he said, "pee pee!" We jumped back on the potty, and sure enough, he made a big pee pee in the potty! Way to go! BIG MOMENTS in the McBride household! We celebrated with chocolate cake, and a big Thomas the Train pillow as a prize! Great job, Angel! Mommy & Daddy are soooooooo proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment