Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Precious Angel in Heaven, Walker Jack Rainey

I've been deeply touched by reading the posts of Missy and Chad Rainey, former schoolmates of mine from Commerce, Texas. Chad's mother was my high school counselor. Their son, Walker Jack, was diagnosed with cancer at only 6 months old. Reading of their spirit and faith through this difficult journey has truly been inspirational. I happened to check the Caring Bridge website today, and Walker passed away this morning. He was 17 months old. There is now another angel in heaven named Walker Jack. I sat rocking Noah to sleep tonight, filled with so much gratitude to have my precious Noah and another sweet boy on the way. Noah was laid across my chest and tummy, and I could feel his heart beating and his brother kicking in my belly. How blessed I am. How truly blessed. I cannot imagine the devastation that accompanies the loss of a child. This is just a reminder, dear ones, to hold your loved ones close, and tell them just how much they are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment