Sunday, September 13, 2009

A WONDERFUL WEEKEND:)

Michael & I had our 1st overnight stay without Noah in 19 months. I was surprised how hard it was for me to leave my precious Noah because I've been needing a respite. But when it came time to leave a few minutes turned into about an hour. Michael's sister & brother-in-law & their kids came over (THANK YOU!) and Noah had the time of his life. Didn't cry or care much when we left. Said, "Bye bye" and blew a kiss.

We stayed at the Hilton near the Galleria & had a WONDERFUL time! I got to do some shopping at stores that actually have my size without it being the tacky juniors section! We watched the ice skaters & spent $26 on chocolate at some specialty candy store. As if that weren't enough, Michael & I went to an old Italian restaurant that we frequented often with my parents when my dad used to work at Lutheran Social Services in Dallas. It was nostalgic and brought back great memories. Michael & I actually talked without picking up thrown food or having distractions, and that was nice. I actually woke up AFTER Michael this morning, which is a RARE event...8:30! Considering I'm usually up at 5 am, that's sleeping LATE! It felt great. We were happy to get home to our little Noah, and Rebekah made tons of food, so we've been eating all day! Is it me, or is my child channeling a bit of Gene Simmons from the band KISS? Scary.

My Favorite Little Longhorn.


Bubble Bath Time

Playing "Pins" with Dadd'N

Reading his Family Book with Mommy. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.




2 comments:

  1. SO glad you had such a nice relaxing trip away for just you and Michael...that is awesome! Any new shoe purchases I am gonna drool over?!? :) And btw, I LOVE Noah in his little PJs - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the most adorable Black Velvet Steve Madden's at the Steve Madden store in the Galleria, but already spent too much money so passed them up. Should've taken a picture. Will dream about them tonight!

    ReplyDelete